Thursday, October 6, 2011

Visual Perception I - Top Down Visual Processing

The image I chose to use for this blog entry is a map of the whole "world" in the video game Zelda: Ocarina of Time. This relates to my area of interest because I'm interested in maps/information graphics, and I also have always loved playing video games.


I believe that this is a good example of a top-down visual graphic because with the white space around the center of the map, your eyes are directly drawn to the center of the image. Your eyes are then lead toward the right side of the image, due to it being a dark color, and also the next largest area on the map. You are then lead to the bottom part, then the top right area, and lastly the top left area. This happens because of the size of each area, as well as how well the colors of each section stand out. After this you are directed back to the center of the image, which then it is very easy to keep wandering the map with your eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment